President Buhari finally addressed Nigerians on Monday morning after he came back from his medical vacation in London.
Political analysts say they expected the President to give more details about the country especially if he has a clean bill of health.
Former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili has rated President Muhammadu Buhari’s speech as a terrible case of missed opportunity, from the citizen’s point of view.
“The content is very dry, uninspiring, on-the-surface and superficial. Nothing as to the state of the nation economically, all the non-existent energy was expended on irresponsible elements and the social media”, Damilola Okin said.
Here are some of the issues the President failed to address:
1. No discussion on Nigerian economy so far and not a single stamp of Osinbajo’s efforts so far
2. The President failed to give hope to the striking academic staff union – ASUU
3. The President shunned cabinet reshuffle as being speculated in various quarters
4. No words on the hyenas and jackals his wife said he will soon come and remove from the government.
5. No statement on his health status as Nigerians need to know the his status and whether the president will go back soon or not.
6. We do not know whether the Presidency has transmitted a letter to the National Assembly for change of baton and his full resumption or we need to take few days to rest.
7. The speech was recorded and may signal another discussion on the clean bill of health of the President.